Emergency First Aid at Work (inc. Emergency Paediatric First Aid)
|Emergency First Aid at Work (inc. Emergency Paediatric First Aid)|
|1 day/6 hours|
|£395.00 +VAT £474.00 inc. VAT|
This is a "1 day" Emergency First Aid at Work training course. It consists of 6 classroom hours with a mixture of theory, individual and group work, and practical sessions. HSE Compliant.
NOTE: this course now includes the Emergency Paediatric First Aid course syllabus. The certificate is valid for both qualifications.
No prior knowledge or experience of first aid is required.
Assessment: all attendees on this course are continuously assessed by the trainer. A final quiz may occasionally be used but assessments during the day carry more weight. Attendees must reach the required level of knowledge and skills to be awarded the certificate.
The course syllabus is as required under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.On successful completion this gives the learner the right to be an ‘Emergency First Aider in the Work Place’.
On completion of training successful candidates should be able to:
· Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
o The importance of preventing cross infection
o The need for recording incidents and actions
o Use of available equipment
o Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly, and effectively in an emergency.
· Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
· Administer CPR including using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
· Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
· Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
· Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
· Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
"I thought the trainer was extremely good (and I have done First Aid courses several times). He was very supportive to e..."
Mrs J Humphries 14/Dec/2019
First Aid Industry Body Approved: