Equality (Equal Opportunities) Policy
- Policies and Procedures /
- Equality Policy
First Aid For All Ltd. provide first and and related safety training to individuals and businesses.
The aim of this policy is to communicate the commitment of the Directors and all staff to the promotion of equality of opportunity in First Aid For All Ltd.
It is our policy to provide equality of membership to all, irrespective of:
- gender, including gender reassignment
- marital or civil partnership status
- pregnancy and maternity
- having or not having dependents
- religious belief or political opinion
- race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins)
- sex and/or sexual orientation
- learning ability
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees, trainees, visitors, and any other person or group interacting with First Aid For All Ltd will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any of the above grounds. Decisions on employment, selection for promotion, training or any other benefit will be made objectively, without unlawful discrimination, and based on aptitude and ability.
We recognise that the provision of equal opportunities in all our activities will benefit the Company. Our equal opportunities policy will help employees to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the employees will be utilised fully to maximise the effectiveness of the Company.
First Aid For All Ltd. recognises that there is a statutory requirement to implement an equal opportunities policy. This policy applies to applicants for employment, casual workers, and employees alike.
First Aid For All Ltd. is committed to the principles and practice of Equality. First Aid For All Ltd. values the diversity of the local population. We want our services, facilities and resources to be accessible and useful to every citizen regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, religious belief, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other individual characteristic which may unfairly affect a person's opportunities in life.
We are committed to:
- promoting equality of opportunity for all persons
- promoting a good and harmonious learning environment in which all men and women are treated with respect and dignity and in which no form of intimidation or harassment is tolerated
- preventing occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- fulfilling all our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice
- complying with our own equal opportunities policy and associated policies
- taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate
- breaches of our equal opportunities policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to termination of employment
This policy is fully supported by the Directors of First Aid For All Ltd.
The Directors have specific responsibility for the effective implementation of this policy. We expect all employees (full-time, part-time, temporary, or otherwise involved) to abide by the policy and help to create the equality environment which is its objective.
In order to implement this policy we shall:
- Communicate the policy to employees by making them aware of this online document during inductions and reviews
- First Aid For All Ltd. will endeavour through appropriate training to ensure that it will not consciously, or unconsciously discriminate in the selection or recruitment of employees
- Incorporate specific and appropriate duties in respect of implementing the equal opportunities policy into roles and responsibilities of the Directors
- Incorporate equal opportunities notices into all new employee inductions and training sessions
- Ensure that adequate resources are made available to fulfil the objectives of the policy
Monitoring and review
We will establish appropriate information and monitoring systems to assist the effective implementation of our equal opportunities policy. The effectiveness of the equal opportunities policy will be reviewed regularly (at least annually) and action taken as necessary.
Employees or candidates for employment who believe that they have suffered any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation are entitled to raise the matter directly with a Director of First Aid For All Ltd. The complaint must be submitted in writing. Written notification acknowledging the complaint will be given within 3 working days. The complaint will be responded to in writing within 14 days. During this time the Directors may seek additional information from any or all parties involved. Complaints of discrimination will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially.
Every effort will be made to ensure that anyone who make complaints will not be victimised. Any complaint of victimisation will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially. Victimisation will result in disciplinary action and may warrant dismissal.
Complaints from members of the public will be dealt with under this same policy unless it is superseded by a governing or regulatory bodies policies and procedures e.g. the HSE.
"The course with Emma was great! She is very knowledgeable and made the course interesting and engaging. Would recommend..."
Miss S Kennedy 18/Dec/2017
First Aid Industry Body Approved: